2003 Oct 26 22:29

[vox] Tux Paint demo at the Co-Op today

We didn't get too huge of a turnout, but we gave out at least a dozen
Tux Paint discs, and even more pamphlets (some folks have DSL and can
download it just as easily).

I gave away the remainder of my Tux Paint pamphlets to Alphabet Moon
toystore downtown, who were kind enough to place them on the front counter,
the children's book store near the Crepe Bistro, whose manager will take
a look at them next time she's in, and to the Davis Public Library
(who had had a big stack, but they ran out... *excellent!*)

Photos of the even are online:

  http://www.lugod.org/photos/2003.10.26/

Thanks to Ryan Castellucci for burning the discs and lending me an iMac,
Jonathan Stickel for lending a Linux PC and helping volunteer, Eric Engelhard
for bringing a laptop, volunteering, and bringing his kids along, and
Michael Wenk for volunteering.

Thanks to Doug Walter, Julie Cross, and Ray "the manager on-call today"
for help with this event!

(Next time, I might just do it in the Demo Kitchen, though, to get more
foot traffic >:^) )