2003 Oct 24 10:48

Re: [vox] whichcd (and RedHat going _way_ commercial)

On the 24th day of October, Jonathan Stickel said to me:

> In fact, recently they announced they will not be building any more
> distributions for single desktops; they have spun this off as the
> so-called "Fedora Project".

And how, pray tell, is Fedora any different from Debian (OK, obviously
there's the RPM vs. deb thing) or Slackware? Red Hat makes a nicely
packaged distribution set and makes it available for download without
charging for or providing commerial support.

If you're comfortable enough to work on your own, it looks like Fedora
should be fine. If you want the hand holding and paid support, go for
enterprise. I'll be making sure I'm holding onto the baby next time I
refresh the bath water.

johnmc.
--
 . johnmc@ | bucketchild.net - +1-707-237-5271 (home) .