2003 Oct 25 00:23

[vox] 'nother Linux success story

Hi everyone, me again... I'll shut up after this, I promise.

A division of the city of Toronto goes Linux! Story:
http://www.itworldcanada.com/index.cfm/ci_id/46194.htm

Executive summary: they went the thin client/ fat server route, as did (IIRC) the city of Largo FL when they went Linux; they're down to 5 admins for 450 users spread over 62 locations.

Nothing new to us, but grist for the advocates' mills.

--nicole twn