2003 Oct 19 23:24

Re: [vox] Crepe Bistro

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 03:00:13PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> After the last LUGOD meeting, we went to Crepe Bistro as usual.
>
> Unfortunately, most of us found the service far worse than typical
> (I ordered by food at 9:40... it arrived at 10:05, and they refused to
> give me the water I had ordered, forcing me to go use the fountain at
> Baskin Robbins next door, which was in fact technically closed as well).
>
> People have mentioned a few alternatives.  What do people think?
>
>   Baker's Square
>     - We moved from here because many people didn't like the food,
>       and because they closed at 10pm, while Bistro was open til 11pm.
>       The latter is no longer the case.  Bistro has closed at 10 for many
>       months now
>
>   AppleBees
>     - New in town.  Kind of expensive.  Open later (not sure how late).
>       Very tasty desserts.  Not the best fare for us vegetarians.
>
>   IHOP
>     - New in town.  Not the widest variety of dinner-style foods
>       (obviously mostly pancakes and other breakfast foods).
>       I think they're open fairly late as well.  Not 100% sure, though.
>

> Any other suggestions / ideas?

Our biggest problem last week was taht the meeting ran later than usual,
so we didn't make it to Crepe Bistro until later than usual.

After hearing the discussion that we might have to move again, on the
way back I passed Crepeville (across from Central Park), and saw their
door open, so I stuck my head in and inqured about their hours.  They're
open until 11:00, and serve until 10:30. (No idea whether they have
wireless)

As for AppleBee's, I've followed Davis College Repubilcans there after
their meetings, and we've been able to stay past 11:00. Downside: it's a
bit of a trek because it's in south davis, and bikers will be *forced*
to go up and down the bridge over I-80 (it's a very tall hill compared
to Davis), or they'll have to take a rather long detour to use the Putah
Creek bike undercrossing. (They probably don't have wireless)

My key was last signed 10/14/2003. If you use GPG, *please* see me about