January 6: Social gathering
2003 Oct 19 19:47

Re: [vox] Crepe Bistro

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 06:19:47PM -0700, Ken Herron wrote:
> --On Saturday, October 18, 2003 03:00:13 PM -0700 Bill Kendrick
> <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:
>
> Chipotle has very good, high quality food. It's a lot like getting a
> sandwich from subway. You pick the style (tacos, burrito, etc.), the main
> filling (beef, pork, grilled veggies, etc.) and the additional
> ingredients. The only problem is that there are only about four styles
> and five main fillings, so there's a certain lack of variety.
>
> IHOP may be open all night; many of them are.

Last I saw, IHOP in Davis closed at 10 or 11.  (I was shocked when I heard.)
They're open later (or 24hrs?) on Fridays/Saturdays, or something.

The one in Dixon, and the one in Natomas (Sacramento) are definitely 24hr,
but a little far for most of us. ;)

> Like Denny's or Lyons, they
> have a lot of sandwiches & dinner entries on their menu, leaning heavily
> toward american diner fare. Other than salads and breakfast items like
> omelets & waffles, they may not have a lot of vegetarian items.

I _think_ they might have Gardenburgers.  (You'd think I'd remember
something like that. :^) )  (The kind typically served at restaurants
have cheese, and so are vegetarian, but not vegan. FYI)