2003 Oct 17 15:53

[vox] [fwd: Open Magazine] Romping through 64-bit space]

[vox] [fwd: Open Magazine] Romping through 64-bit space]

More 64bit talk.  Enjoy.  Lemme know if people don't want me to fwd
stuff like this any more...

-bill!
pr@lugod.org

----- Forwarded message from Open Magazine <open@open-mag.com> -----

This Week's Sponsor: Appro
Customers rely on Appro as a leading developer of high-performance computing solutions. Appro delivers powerful, scalable, and reliable clusters, servers, storage subsystems, and high-end workstations based on Intel Xeon and AMD Opteron processors for HPC, Internet infrastructure, and Linux cluster markets.  Appro is now announcing great promotional pricing for the Appro HyperBlade Full-Size cluster and their 1U cluster solution both based on Dual Intel Xeon Processors. Special offer ends 10/30/03. In addition, check out Appro's complete line of products based on AMD Opteron processors -
Click: http://www.open-mag.com/cgi-bin/opencgi/email/redirect.cgi?Appro1017

October 17, 2003

Open Magazine - Your strategic guide to Open Source
<http://www.open-mag.com/cgi-bin/opencgi/email/redirect.cgi?Open1017>

You don't have to be a researcher romping through n-dimensional hypercube topology to love Appro. This week, openBench Labs leaps into 64-bit compute space to discover something from Appro that will also appeal to the many ISVs out there constrained by the confines of server cages. We take a look at its HyperBlade Mini-Cluster and proceed with explorations on functionality and performance.

Meanwhile, to confirm how code on Wall Street is becoming as complex as code in Los Alamos, we talk to an executive at Etnus, purveyors of a debugger for complex code, who tells Open about the commercial companies knocking on their doors.

For the latest moves and grooves, click on
<http://www.open-mag.com/cgi-bin/opencgi/email/redirect.cgi?Open1017>

Regards,

The editors of Open magazine

----- End forwarded message -----