2003 Oct 16 14:36

[vox] [OT] Napster 2.0

So I'm scarfing lunch, and skimming the article/review on the new Napster
(not that I ever used the old Napster) which was posted to Slashdot.
[Ref: http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20031016/D7U7AEBO0.html ]

A few questions/comments:

  Each purchased song can be shared on only three computers but can be
  burned to a CD as long as the play order occasionally changes.

What the heck does /that/ mean?

And:

  The software repeatedly crashed during installation and brought down the
  entire computer with it. [...] Fortunately, I had another PC available
  and did a fresh install of Windows just to be safe.

"Fresh install of Windows"?  Is this what people who run Microsoft software
have to put up with, just to try out a new application?

When's the last time I _rebooted_[*] my Linux box, let along reinstalled
the entire OS!?

-bill!

[*] not counting power outages... one happened RIGHT after my UPS kicked the
    bucket :^(