2003 Oct 03 08:46

Re: [vox] Stupid filter tweaking -oops.

On Thursday 02 October 2003 07:01 pm, Steven Peck wrote:
> I whitelisted the VOX maillist and the stupid software still tagged it.
>
> The point of testing it at home is that it is a 'live' contained
> environment and to find out if it is something I am willing to use and
> potentially piss off 3,500 email customers (employees) at work.  I am
> fast coming to the conclusion that this product will be more work than
> it is worth.

Are you using an RBL?  Spamcop's is very good and I use it
as a first line of spam defense; it catches a LOT of junk.

After that, I am sad to say, I blacklist some entire
countries for mail that goes to me or to my business.
100.00% of the mail I have received from China, Taiwan and
Korea has been spam or viruses.  Maybe someday they will do
something about it.  I'm close to zapping Brazil also.

Then there is my simple virus filtering that I mentioned a
while back on vox-tech; all mail containing a MS executable
is rejected at the door.  Not that I care about MS viruses
getting in, but they are annoying and take up space.

The rest gets in and SpamAssassin tags most of it, though
it's something I could easily live without.  I bump up the
threshold to avoid false positives.

-- Rod