2003 Oct 02 11:46

Re: [vox] [fwd] SourceForge.net Sitewide Update: September 30, 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 18:24, Rod Roark wrote:
> I would think so.  Phrases like "removed from the list" and
> "you have received this * because" would certainly be
> noticed by filters like SpamAssassin.
>
> Which shows why content filtering will always be of limited
> usefulness.  It's too easily fooled.

A rule could be written/changed so that it matches something like
"(recieved|acquired) this email" and "(extracted|removed) from the
list".

However...

With bayesian filtering included since SA ver 2.50 (SA is up to 2.6x, I
believe), it would give the higher heuristic value to the words
defined.  It *learns* what is spam because you tell it what is spam.

I do think that other means are necessary to combat spam (such as
stopping the morons who actually want to enlarge their you-know-what).
It's a cat-and-mouse game until the spammers run out of words to
describe their product.  Then who knows.

Jeremy
--
Jeremy Turner <jeremy@linuxwebguy.com>
The LinuxWebGuy