2003 Oct 02 10:43

Re: [vox] [fwd] SourceForge.net Sitewide Update: September 30, 2003

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 06:12 pm, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> --- Forwarded message from "SourceForge.net Team" <[...]> ---
> >
> > (You have acquired this SF.net update because you requested to be on the
> > list. Honest! An explanation is at the bottom of this email, and also
> > info on how to be extracted from the list)
> <snip>
>
> I find this quite amusing.  They used the word "acquired" instead of
> "received", and "extracted" instead of "removed."
>
> Perhaps to avoid being seen as spam by spam filters? :)

I would think so.  Phrases like "removed from the list" and
"you have received this * because" would certainly be
noticed by filters like SpamAssassin.

Which shows why content filtering will always be of limited
usefulness.  It's too easily fooled.

-- Rod