2003 Oct 01 12:43

Re: [vox] question for PDA users

Rick Moen said:

>> i'm _only_ interested in hearing from people who have used both
>> keyboard and graffiti based PDA's:  which input method do you think is
>> faster and more convenient?
>
> What I find really good is a third alternative:  I have a little folding
> keyboard for my Palm V (that store in a case only slightly larger than
> the Palm V itself), that is about as usable as most laptop keyboards,
> i.e., you can pretty much type at full speed, and much faster than
> Graffiti allows.

Ditto for me.  I enjoy having my fold-out keyboard for my Tungsten T
(which I *STILL* can't make talk to my RH box!) because it's handy,
portable, etc.

I have used a mini-keyboard though.  For me, it didn't work out well at
all;  it felt uncomfortable and was difficult to work with.  When I'm
holding my device in my hands, I'm much more fond of the graffiti.  I'm
pretty good at it, too; it's not as fast as typing, but I can do the
graffiti as fast as I write long-hand, with very few errors.  :)

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

AIM: Buffalo2K ICQ: 11646404 Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com
invisible to the eye." --Antoine de Saint Exupéry