2003 Oct 01 13:10

Re: [vox] question for PDA users

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 11:35:21AM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> Anyway, I type up to 80WPM on a normal keyboard (if I'm in a lightening
> hurry) so I get quite impatient with machines that don't respond as
> quickly, whether it be a PDA or a cell phone.

I'll also mention another thing, speaking of cell phones.
Cell phone text entry _SUCKS_ compared to using a keyboard like on
a Zaurus SL-5xxx.

ESPECIALLY my cellphone, where:

  1. keys are squishy
  2. no text completion
  3. bizarre lag causing non-response from the interface
  4. buggy interpretation of repeat button presses...
     [2][2][2] really fast should say "C", not "AB" >:^(
     This only happens SOMETIMES.  But if I'm not paying attention,
     my text will come out "LOMNKING LGHKE THIRP"  (looking like this)