2003 Oct 01 11:55

Re: [vox] question for PDA users

On the 1st day of October, Mark K. Kim said to me:

> I don't like either.  Keys are too small on my keyboarded PDA (Zaurus)
> and the system wobbles as you type, and graffiti isn't always accurate and
> it takes time to remember the sequence.

I use a Palm m100 with a full size keyboard, so I don't exactly fit the
profile. I managed to get pretty good with Grafitti, but nowhere near as
my buddy Kevin, who used to take notes in class in grafitti - even on
paper.

> Anyway, I type up to 80WPM on a normal keyboard (if I'm in a lightening
> hurry) so I get quite impatient with machines that don't respond as
> quickly,

My main gripe about the Palm Keyboard (they may have fixed this by now and
I may come up with my own hack) is that the space bar doesn't respond all
that well to my particular method of hitting it - I think I graze it
rather than giving it a good thump, which seems necessary.

johnmc.
--
 . johnmc@ | bucketchild.net - +1-707-237-5271 (home) .
 . http:// | johnmc.org      - +1-408-386-3549 (cell) .