2003 Oct 01 12:29

Re: [vox] question for PDA users

I don't like either.  Keys are too small on my keyboarded PDA (Zaurus)
and the system wobbles as you type, and graffiti isn't always accurate and
it takes time to remember the sequence.  I ended up getting rid of both of
my PDAs, not necessarily because I didn't like the way to input data, but
because I found that I don't use them much (but perhaps if it were easier
to input data I'd still use them...)

I've seen Bill write pretty fast on graffiti.  I never got to that point.
If I ever got to that point maybe I'd sing a different tune.

Anyway, I type up to 80WPM on a normal keyboard (if I'm in a lightening
hurry) so I get quite impatient with machines that don't respond as
quickly, whether it be a PDA or a cell phone.

-Mark

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 p@dirac.org wrote:

> hi all,
>
> a friend recently told me that he went from a graffiti based PDA to a
> mini keyboard based PDA (basically he went from palm to a treo).
>
> he said he liked the keyboard much better: the keyboard is faster and
> more convenient than graffiti.
>
> i'm _only_ interested in hearing from people who have used both keyboard
> and graffiti based PDA's:  which input method do you think is faster and
> more convenient?
>
> i'm predisposed to disregard my friend's claims; can't imagine anything
> better than graffiti.  but then again, i said the same thing about RPN
> calculators once upon a time.  and i'd never go back to a non-RPN
> calculator.  so i'd like to hear a few peoples' experiences...
>
> pete
>

> --

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/