2003 Sep 17 09:42

Re: [vox] COMPLAIN Verisign resolves unregistered .COM, .NET domains

On Wed 17 Sep 03,  8:43 AM, Ken Bloom <kabloom@ucdavis.edu> said:

> [Please disseminate far and wide]
>
> Slashdotters have suggested complaining to ICANN (comments@icann.org)
> saying something along the lines of the following:

snip.

yup, i already sent letters to the ICANN and my cable provider, comcast.
i asked comcast to install the patch to fix the breakage.

wierd.  just checked from a comcast IP and i can no longer connect to
verisign's advertising page.  comcast's nameservers still return the
advertising host's IP, but nobody's home.

i wonder if verisign is under a DDoS attack or decided to take down
their advertising server.

just checked from a pacbell IP, and 64.94.110.11 is responding to pings.
in fact, i'm not seeing the advertising page anymore; i'm seeing the
placeholder webpage for apache (if you see this, it means the
insatllation of the apache web server software on this system was
successful....).

wow.  this is getting strange!

pete