2003 Sep 16 11:49

Re: [vox] The OpenSSH "exploit" is still being discussed...

Bill Kendrick said:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 11:34:01AM -0700, ME wrote:
>> Just an FYI, there has been discussion on /. (slashdot) about a "new
>> openssh exploit in the wild"
>
> I noticed NBLUG's been chattering on about it, too.
> (No other LUG lists I'm on have been discussing it yet)
>
>   http://www.nblug.org/pipermail/talk/2003-September/005702.html

Yeah we talked about it early this morning on the #nblug channel
<greenfly> <stix> and me before Kyle got the bright idea of posting it to
the nblug talk list.

I wanted to see someting more solid in the discussion before sending
anything out, but at the very least, if there is no exploit in the wild,
people will know about the new patched version.

So, after reading up on the security focus discussions, the
"Full-Disclosure" lists on netsys.com, and the various /. posts, I am
still wondering about the facts.

Of course, I did upgrade to the new version early this morning, but am
still a bit in the dark about the aleged worm, and the aleged exploit.

-ME