2003 Sep 15 11:35

[vox] LUGOD's own Linux test certificate

[vox] LUGOD's own Linux test certificate

What do you guys think about creating a LUGOD Linux test?  It can be used
to set some amount of standard we want our members to reach, show members
what Linux facts they are missing out on (or not missing out on), and it
can be a cheap way to get another certificate on our resumes.  We might
even want to contact local LUGs and make it a regional test, which would
give it more credibility (though LUGOD kind of has a good credibility
already.)

We can gather test questions from everyone, pick the good and relevant
ones and compile them, have all questions be reviewed in fragments by
random people, create multiple versions of the test, etc.  We can charge a
nominal fee ($5?) for the test as a way to raise some money, too.  From
what I heard about the other tests from Peter, really, those other tests
are so low-quality *and* charge way too much.  We can do a much better
job, I think.

We'll have to get someone in charge of this test (a semi-officer position,
perhaps), setup a test cycle (is once a month too often?), decide whether
it'll be a computerized or paper test, setup a review process for creating
and scoring the tests, etc.

Just an idea.

-Mark

--