2003 Sep 14 13:20

[vox] PowerMac 8100/110

I had the good fortune on move-in day that I found a discarded PowerMac 8100/110 in the trash outside my apartment. Upon pluging it in and turning it on (headless) I heard it make the happy-macintosh chime, so I think it's usable. This prompts the question of what I should do with it.

I'm buying the appropriate adapters to connect it to the network and to connect it to a standard SVGA monitor, and I was thinking about bringing it to the installfest so we could all get some experience installing ${DISTRO}, a PowerPC based linux distribution on it.

To do this, I need:
(a) A ride to the installfest
(b) A suggestion to fill in ${DISTRO}. What would you guys like to gain experience installing on it?

My key was last signed 6/10/2003. If you use GPG, *please* see me about signing the key. ***** My computer can't give you viruses by email. ***