2003 Aug 30 19:05

[vox] [fwd] Save your SCO invoice: Bay Area Software Professionals for Responsibility and Accountability]

----- Forwarded message from Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org> -----

Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:48:46 -0700
From: Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org>
Subject: [svlug] Save your SCO invoice: Bay Area Software Professionals for
	Responsibility and Accountability
To: svlug@lists.svlug.org, baspra-announce@alt.org

If you receive an "invoice" from The SCO Group, please do not waste it
on a prank or expression of contempt for SCO -- they're certainly
expecting that.  If you want to do something symbolic with your
"SCO invoice", make a copy.

After careful consideration, you may decide to give the false invoice
to law enforcement as part of a request to investigate SCO for fraud.

We are starting a low-traffic announce-only mailing list to share
information on Bay Area community responses to the SCO invoice
scam, which will most likely include giving the "invoices" to law
enforcement.

Who:   Bay Area Linux users, especially anyone who thinks that he
       or she may receive a false invoice from The SCO Group

What:  Mailing list for announcements regarding local responses to
       SCO's fraudulent mailing

Where: Sacramento, probably, that's where California Attorney General
       Bill Lockyer is.

When:  Subscribe now, more info after the "invoices" come.

Why:   Because we're software professionals who are for responsibility
       and accountability (see subject).

Doing some symbolic action with your "invoice" may be satisfying
or attention-getting, but SCO is expecting this.  But as soon
as they use false claims to attempt to get money from anyone,
they're doing something that is at least legally questionable,
and that you may wish to have law enforcement take a look at.

Please _save_ the "invoice" and envelope.

KG6INA

----- End forwarded message -----

--
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                   "The patient has no previous