2003 Aug 21 07:51

Re: [vox] Re: New virus?

On 2003.08.19 18:50, Gregory Young wrote:
On Tuesday, Aug 19, 2003, at 16:05 US/Pacific, Bill Kendrick wrote:

Based on how much this is pissing _me_ off, I cannot _imagine_ how
frustrated Windows users must be, what with this coming on the heels of
the recent Blaster worm! :^(

Forget that, the virus found a file containing most of our department's text pager email addresses. We had to endure being paged by it every couple minutes for about 2 hours. joy.
I just got attacked by some server that responded to "my" attack by returning the *whole* *entire* *message*, including all 104kb of virus
inside it. Multiply that by just a few of these messages, and that's a lot of bandwidth (that must be why this virus is called sobig)

My PGP key was last signed 6/10/2003 please download my key again if
it is more recent than your copy. If you use GPG, *please* talk to
me to sign it. The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu