2003 Aug 20 09:48

Re: [vox] .ico file editors?

On 2003.08.19 18:31, Bill Kendrick wrote:
On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 06:29:39PM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> Hi.  I'm trying to find a decent .ico file editor for creating
favicon.ico
> files.  I did find one (kiconedit) but I want something that can
utilize
> the full potential of .ico files.  More specifically, .ico files can
store
> icons of varying sizes in one file (16x16, 32x32, 64x64, etc.) and
varying
> colors (b&w, system colors, full colors.)  I haven't found one that
can do
> this for Linux, unfortunately.  If you know of one, please share.
Thanks!

The Gimp, of course! :^)

I believe there's a BMPtoICO converter, or something, somewhere.

That's how I made the LUGOD.org and NewBreedSoftware.com web icons.

-bill!
Could the mozilla people be convinced to accept a *standard* file format for this purpose? We don't need Microsoft's embrace-and-extend.

My PGP key was last signed 6/10/2003 please download my key again if
it is more recent than your copy. If you use GPG, *please* talk to
me to sign it. The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu