2003 Aug 19 03:58

Re: [vox] [article] Joining the Cult of Linux

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> Yeah well, I haven't seen any Linux users as far out as those BSD people who
> showed up at a LUGOD meeting a few years ago.  One or two of them made some
> kind of a religious type sign evey time the word "BSD" was used.

Then you havent looked in your own geek backyard enough ...RMS wearing
Jesus-robes and
a giant Disc Drive platter on his head like a halo and acting strangley
'pious' is one end -- at the other is dealing with tech zealots who only
look at things in terms of tech and not in terms of 'what does this mean
for us at company X in terms of ,place non tech decisonal calculus
variables here." and do everything just short of have a hissy fit and 4
year old style temper tantrums about it.  Ive seen geeks cry because they
were told they had to use emacs over vim (granted, emacs sucks giant furry
racoon gonads, but still...).

There are plenty of Linux zealot cockknobs roaming about - i spent a few
years of my life travelling around and meeting them.  A veritable panoply
of socially misconfigured people who werent fit enough for me to deem them
pee-able upon.

BSD people are just as bad, just more marginal.