January 6: Social gathering
2003 Aug 15 15:13

[vox] [fwd] SBAY Pizza Reminder - Sat 8/16 [San Jose]

[vox] [fwd] SBAY Pizza Reminder - Sat 8/16 [San Jose]

If you're a true geek, and you love pizza, and you have nothing better
to do than drive down to San Jose (or have reason to be there), then
hook up with this month's SBAY pizza event. ;)

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Ian Kluft <ikluft@thunder.sbay.org> -----

This reminder is sent to everyone on sbay.org's mail lists and to the
sbay.general newsgroup.  CC to sbay.org SIGs: SVLUG and Project Stratofox.

Remember, SBAY Pizzas are on 3rd Saturdays at 7PM - mark your calendar.
The next one is Saturday, August 16.  Please mark your calendars for 7PM
on the 3rd Saturdays.  Directions and location can be found at
   http://www.sbay.org/sbay-social.html

The directions (which are also on the www.sbay.org web site) are:
     * 3rd Quarter 2003
          + August 16, 2003: Round Table Pizza at 2129 Morrill Ave in San
            Jose, just east of the interchange of I-680 and Montague
            Expwy. Directions are available at
            http://www.sbay.org/dir-sj-rt-morrill.html
          + September 20, 2003: same as July/August location

Note: this Round Table Pizza has two reservable rooms.  We're in the one
in the back - if the front room is blocked, use the hallway on the left
to get to our room.

The format of the event is social discussion related to technical and
administrative aspects of of electronic communications systems with emphasis
on Open Source based systems.  Topics include but are not limited to...
* Internet server administrivia, protocols, security, and development
* Wireless networking
* Ham Radio repeaters, transmitter hunting, and data communications
  (Transmitter hunting topics can include rockets and high-altitude balloons)
* Usenet newsgroups and other electronic discussion forums
* IP and PSTN telephony
* Broadcast radio and television
* "SBC Blunder of the Month" (formerly "PacBell Blunder of the Month")
* Dot-com demises, telecom turmoil, economic observations
* Silicon Valley local issues
* more... bring up your own subject

If you want to invite people to SBAY Pizzas from other technical groups
in Silicon Valley, we have recommended invitation text to send them at
   http://www.sbay.org/sbay-social-invite.shtml

----- End forwarded message -----