2003 Aug 13 14:31

[vox] Distributing OpenOffice to schools

[vox] Distributing OpenOffice to schools

The OpenOffice.org team has announced to Schoolforge that it intends to launch an education campaign in October (when OpenOffice 1.1 is released) and put as many copies of OpenOffice in the hands of students and teachers as possible.

Is anyone here interested in burning and distributing OpenOffice CD's to public schools?  At some time in the near future, they will release an ISO with OpenOffice 1.1 that supports Windows auto-run, so if you are interested, you should not start burning CD's just yet (I can notify the group when the official ISO is available).

This project is being coordinated by "ian" (ian.lynch2@ntlworld.com), an OpenOffice.org developer.  There does not appear to be any information on the OpenOffice.org website yet, but I can provide information (and URL's) as soon as I receive it.

I have already notified the North Bay Linux Users' Group (http://www.nblug.org/), and I'm trying to figure out exactly which areas they can cover. Can anyone recommend any other groups in Northern California I should contact?

Lincoln