January 6: Social gathering
2003 Aug 12 02:44

Re: [vox] Password NOT stolen at linuxworld

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 01:42:08PM -0700, Ryan Castellucci wrote:
> OK, guys, here's the scoop... Somebody 0wned my system at
> work, running debian testing. Installed this lovely password

Testing is inherently insecure.  _Don't_ run testing on any publically
accessible computers.  It doesn't get security updates.

If you are lucky you will get one after a week.  If you are not, the update can
range anywhere from two weeks (all conditions for going into testing are
satisiied and update is uploaded with normal urgency) to months (like
waiting for new glibc to go into testing).

So, I'd say you were asking to be 0wned.

[snip]

--
	GPG key-id: 1024D/DF04A255                 Dmitriy
	AA16 8FAB 74E1 3511 83D0  9F4B F087 CEC9 DF04 A255