2003 Aug 11 09:29

[vox] [fwd] Thu, Aug 14 - Peninsula Linux Users' Group

PenLUG is the newest LUG in the area.  They meet down near Redwood City,
and were formed by folks who found both SVLUG and BALUG too far to easily
get to.

They have an interesting meeting format, with a 'Nuts & Bolts' section at
the beginning, and 'App of the Month Club' at the end, wrapped around the
main discussion/presentation.  (This month's: a fellow from Oracle)

Enjoy!

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from William R Ward <bill@wards.net> -----

Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 01:37:17 -0700
From: bill@wards.net (William R Ward)
Subject: [Balug-talk] Thu, Aug 14 - Peninsula Linux Users' Group
To: balug-talk@balug.org

PenLUG (Peninsula Linux Users' Group), the bay area's newest Linux
organization, will be having a meeting on:

  Thursday
  August 14, 2003
  7:00pm - 9:00pm

We will be meeting at the Oracle headquarters in Redwood Shores.  We
meet in building 100, room 104 ("1op104" in Oracle parlance).  The
address is:

  100 Oracle Parkway
  Redwood Shores, CA 94065

Agenda:

  7:00 - 7:30 PM: Nuts & Bolts presentation by Tim Flagg:
                  "Why Linux?"
  7:30 - 8:30 PM: Keynote presentation by Wim Coekaerts, Oracle's Linux Guru:
                  "A view of the state of Linux in the Enterprise."
  8:30 - 9:00 PM: App of the Month Club discussion led by Akkana Peck:
                  "The GIMP"

After the meeting, we will adjourn to a local restaurant (TBD) for
social & food time.

PenLUG is the bay area's newest Linux club.  We meet once a month at
the Oracle headquarters in Redwood Shores, CA.  Meetings are always
free, and open to the public.

For more on this meeting, including directions and public transportation
information, visit:

  http://www.penlug.org/

To stay on top of the latest Peninsula Linux news, please join our
"members" mailing list; there's a link on our homepage.  If you are
interested in receiving announcements, but not receiving all of the
chat on the regular list, let me know and I will add you to an
"announce" list that we will be setting up shortly.

--Bill.

--
William R Ward            bill@wards.net          http://www.wards.net/~bill/
           PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMMER, CLOSED COURSE.  DO NOT ATTEMPT.

----- End forwarded message -----