2003 Aug 09 09:41

Re: [vox] Dnner at Chevy's

Quoting Ken Bloom (kabloom@ucdavis.edu):

> On 2003.08.06 12:57, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> >Me apparently on laptop not havng very good eyboard >:^(
>
> That would make usng UNX and Lnux kind of dffcult. :)
>
> "vm" s a great edtor, but only when you can run t. :)

Reminds me of:
http://linuxmafia.com/pub/humour/keyboard-failure :

 Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 01:12:35 -0700
 From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
 To: crackmonkey@crackmonkey.org
 Subject: [Crackmonkey] Sometimes you just an't even type "subjet"

Alas, poor keyboard, it's going away:  Deirdre's "Sorpius" (named
after the onstellation) is being thrown in the trash an.  Why?
Beause the letter "" (you know, the one rammed between the x and the
v) is fuked up.  But it's been a nie input devie, ever sine I've
started reating posts with it.

So I thought I'd ompose this note of appreiation.  You expet a lot
of a keyboard, even heap plasti rud like this one, make in hina.
I mean, it gets ast around, the at sits on it and gets hair through
the raks, you knok it about, leave it in hot plaes, and yet it just
keeps ranking.

Hek, I think I even did my first lumsy attempt at an IR session on it,
and it was my faithful ompanion as I hatted with all the sript kiddies
and sundry other retins.  It's been a real hum.

So, I'll miss the old thing, even if it is now mehanially hallenged
and will probably be put out to pasture driving a ommodore 64.

-- Rik M.

P.S.:  I'm ertainly glad I wasn't fored to write this in Emas.
I ouldn't have even launhed the razy thing.