2003 Aug 02 10:04

[vox] (fwd) Gary Wolf - "Wired" author event 8/5, SF

[vox] (fwd) Gary Wolf - "Wired" author event 8/5, SF

Seen on ba.announce newsgroup:

-- begin forward --

GARY WOLF - reading & booksigning for "Wired - A Romance"
 - August 5, 7 pm
@ The Booksmith (1644 Haight Street, San Francisco)

"Wired - A Romance" is the story of Louis Rossetto - a dreamer who
turned American media on its head. Rossetto had no money, no home, no
job. Five years later he owned the hottest publication in America.
Gary Wolf, one of Wired's most popular writers, offers an insider's
account of the founding of a magazine that changed America.

In the 1990's, the Day-Glo pages of Wired were everywhere - on
television, passed around the halls of Congress, displayed in the
office of the president of the United States. Wired's headquarters in
San Francisco became a pilgrimage site for everybody who wanted to be
at the center of the digital revolution. Not since the early days of
Jann Wenner and Rolling Stone had anybody so brilliantly channeled the
enthusiasms of his era.

Author events are free and located at our San Francisco store (1644
Haight Street in San Francisco, between Clayton & Cole). For further
information, please call 415-863-8688 or visit our web site at
www.booksmith.com  If you can't attend an event and would like to
order a signed book, please email us at read@booksmith.com (Signed
books are available at no extra charge.)

-- end of forwarded message --