2003 Aug 01 12:44

Re: [vox] [OT] Solaris, Oracle, and other painful subjects

David Hummel said:

> One thing my coworker mentioned when he tried this on one of our 420R's
> was that the Oracle installer wanted to slice up the destination drive,
> which wasn't possible for the drive configuration at that time.  So it's
> probably best to have a dedicated disk, series of disks, or an array
> before proceeding (depending on your needs of course).  It may be
> possible to override this, but you'll get better performance that way
> anyhow.

Fortunately for us, we have an entire machine that will have nothing but
Oracle on it.  Well, Oracle and whatever else we need to make it a working
computer, of course.  But our website will be hosted on a different
server.  Thank God.

Meanwhile, these are all Ultra 10's.  So IPA will be probably be in order,
though I'm partial to Harp.

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K ICQ: 11646404 Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com
invisible to the eye." --Antoine de Saint Exupéry