January 6: Social gathering
2003 Aug 01 19:50

[vox] [OT] Solaris, Oracle, and other painful subjects

[vox] [OT] Solaris, Oracle, and other painful subjects

Now that we have successfully upgraded our website from WindowsNT/IIS to
Solaris9/Apache, we're facing the much more daunting task of upgrading our
database from MS-SQL Server 2000 in WindowsNT to Oracle9i on Solaris 9.

Has anyone out there done something like this?  Does anyone have any tips
or suggestions for resources I could be looking at or reading?  Favorite
booze that I could be chugging while trying to pull this off?

Thanks in advance.

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K ICQ: 11646404 Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com
invisible to the eye." --Antoine de Saint Exupéry