2003 Jul 31 12:41

Re: [vox] Microsoft's new head of Linux strategy

On Thursday 31 July 2003 09:14 am, Michael Dunham wrote:
> Saw this today -
> http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,4248,1207751,00.asp
>
> Seems Microsoft wants to say at least it is going in the direction of
> giving folks "just the facts" about the difference between Windows OS and
> Linux. Of course, he is more likely to be the head of the FUD (Fear,
> Uncertainty, and Doubt) Department but that is another story.

Indeed.  IMO the most important fact for MS to consider is
that, over the years, their business practices have pissed
off just about everybody.  What they don't seem to get is
that much of the momentum behind Linux is the inability to
trust Microsoft.

Focusing on Linux is pure denial.  Their worst enemy is
themselves.

remote system administration services.