2003 Jul 07 15:20

[vox] Geek Swap update! (aka "Geek Yard Sale" :) )

[vox] Geek Swap update! (aka "Geek Yard Sale" :) )

So Doug and Tracia Barbieri have offered to let LUGOD use their garage for
the swap meet.  They live at the end of a culdesac, which means it might
be reasonable to use part of the street for the event, too!

We're thinking of starting it in the morning, to avoid the heat.
How does 10am sound to people?

I need to check my notes and see who offered to lend us tables...
LUGOD's got two folding tables, too...  Mike, would you be willing to
bring them up?

Finally, as for the actual DATE:

  * July 19th - Might be too early for some (like Pete), and too short notice,
                but could definitely work!
  * July 20th - Installfest day.

  * July 26th - Doug & family may be out of town
  * July 27th - Doug & family may be out of town

  * Aug.  2nd - Kind of close to LinuxWorld Expo, but could definitely work!
  * Aug.  3nd - Very close to LinuxWorld Expo, but could definitely work!

So really, right now, the possibilities are July 19th, August 2nd or Aug. 3rd.

Once a date is confirmed, I'll post again and start advertising the event!