2003 Jun 29 21:51

[vox] Open-Source-In-Govt presentation today!

[vox] Open-Source-In-Govt presentation today!

Well, apparently there's some OSS presentation being made to
(some part of) the state government today (June 26th)... somewhere.

Unfortunately, although I e-mailed him 3 or 4 times, the fellow who mentioned
this event when he dropped by our booth at GTC never got back to me. :^/

For those curious, here's the notes I jotted down when he stopped by our
booth in May:

  Air Resources Board
  Head Data Processing Guy:
  Bill Welty

  Meeting on OSS / Demos   (State-blessed distro!?  State LUG?)
  June 26th (internal meeting)

The person who mentioned it was Michael Gardner, CIO of the
state Gambling Control Commission.

I'll ping him ONE last time to see if he can get me in touch with Bill
so I can pass it along to anyone who's free and bored tomorrow.

I had HOPED we could have helped participate or plan, or at the least have
one or two of us sit in on the actual meeting.  Oh well... :^(

-bill!
root@lugod.org