2003 Jun 22 23:26

Re: [vox] LUGOD yard sale (was re: [OT] For Sale: WebTV unit)

On 2003.06.22 21:02, Bill Kendrick wrote:
On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 07:00:07PM -0700, Ryan Castellucci wrote:

> On Sunday 22 June 2003 08:31 pm, zeruch@pao.damagestudios.com wrote:
> > I suppose you could also provide slips/receiopts to people who
would want
> > the tax writeoff (donate to 501c3...etc etc)
>
> LUGOD is a 501(c)7 non-profit. IIRC, donations to 501(c)7 groups are
not tax
> deductable. IANAA (I am not an accountant)

Sadly, this is true.

We applied for 501(c)7, but they gave us a 3.
| tr 73 37  (?)

Since we've been doing lots of other non-social stuff that's good for
the community, I've suggested we look into getting our status changed,
if possible.
My PGP key was last signed 6/10/2003 please download my key again if
it is more recent than your copy. If you use GPG, *please* talk to
me to sign it. The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu