2003 Jun 22 21:10

Re: [vox] LUGOD yard sale (was re: [OT] For Sale: WebTV unit)

On Sun 22 Jun 03,  5:26 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> said:
> <snip my for-sale post about my WebTV unit>
>

> I just had an idea...  I've got some other random stuff I'd kind of like
> to get rid of (a spare mouse that I'd part with for $5 or so; random
> cables I'll never need; some music CDs; etc.)
>
> Maybe LUGOD members can put together a joint garage sale / yard sale somewhere,
> where pack-rats like myself can purge some of our belongings, and at the same
> time help raise a little money for LUGOD.  (Maybe 5% or 10% of proceeds get
> donated)

excellent idea, bill!!!  i've got loads of computer equipment, books
and electronics i'd like to unload.  that i *have* to unload before
moving.

i don't mind donating 100% proceeds to lugod.  heck.  most of it would
be tossed, recycled or given away anyhow.

might be a good venue to also have that bake sale we've been joking
about for 4 years now...   :-)

> Would people be interested?  Anyone willing to coordinate something like this
> if there /is/ interest?

i would, but i've been kinda busy lately.  :-/   however, i WOULD bake
some brownies.   ;-)

pete