2003 Jun 19 18:27

Re: [vox] dsurvey on freshmeat!

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 09:46:35AM -0700, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/dsurvey/?topic_id=96
>
> This is the first time I've ever submitted anything open source-ish.
> Bill, don't laugh! I have to say it is really rewarding to see something
> I worked on available internationally. :-)

Yeah--it's *real* fun to discover inadvertantly that a product you've
written is an official debian package.

  http://packages.debian.org/ditty

(It's a really small toy program that plays simple melodies on your
built-in speaker. Also supports sound card).

Unfortunately, in my case, the crappy first-draft version, complete
with hideous newbie code, is the one in "stable". I wish I could just
purge it from the NET.

I'm planning on a redesign/recode of the toy (or admin tool, depending on
your POV :) ), to bring it more inline with my current, much more
stringent programming practices. I might try my hand developing as a
Literate Programming project. I've been looking for an excuse to
develop some LP tools for DocBook XML...

-Micah