2003 Jun 17 20:46

[vox] [fwd] SIG-BEER-WEST this Saturday 6/21 in San Francisco

Today is just the day of me forwarding junk to the mailing list, huh? :^)

Sorry if it's irritating anyone.  It's summer now, so I figure some folks
have more time to wander out to the Bay Area for bizarre events like this :^)

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from David Alban -----

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:27:22 -0700
From: David Alban
Subject: [Balug-talk] SIG-BEER-WEST this Saturday 6/21 in San Francisco

SIG-beer-west
Saturday, June 21, 2003 at 6:00pm
San Francisco, CA

Beer.   Mental stimulation.

This event:

  * Saturday, 06/21/2003, 6:00pm, at the Toronado, San Francisco

Coming events (third Saturdays):

  * Saturday, 07/19/2003, 6:00pm
  * Saturday, 08/16/2003, 6:00pm
  * Saturday, 09/20/2003, 6:00pm
  * Saturday, 10/18/2003, 6:00pm

San  Francisco's  next  social  event for computer sysadmins and their
friends,  sig-beer-west, will take place on Saturday, June 21, 2003 at
the  [1]Toronado  in San Francisco, CA. The Toronado has an impressive
selection of [2]draught and [3]bottled beer. Festivities will start at
6:00pm  and  continue  until  we've  all  left.  The  Toronado  has an
excellent  selection  of  beer,  but  no food. It is perfectly okay to
score  food  from  neighboring establishments and bring it back to the
Toronado to eat. Also, after we are all full with beer we may roam off
to a nearby restaurant.

     [1] http://www.toronado.com/
     [2] http://www.toronado.com/draft.htm
     [3] http://www.toronado.com/bottles.htm

Everyone  is  welcome  at  this event. We mean it! Please feel free to
forward this information and to invite friends, co-workers, and others
who  might  enjoy lifting a glass with interesting folks from all over
the place. (O.K., you do have to be of legal drinking age to attend.)

For directions to the Toronado, please use the [4]excellent directions
at  their  website.  When you show up at the Toronado, you should look
for  some  kind  of botched sig-beer-west sign. We will try to make it
obvious who we are. :-)

     [4] http://www.toronado.com/map.htm

Note:  Check the tables in the back room for us if you don't see us at
the tables by the bar. The back room is back and to the left.

Can't   come   this   month?   Mark  your  calendar  for  next  month.
sig-beer-west is always on the third Saturday of the month.

Any  Comments, Questions, or Suggestions of Things to Do Later on That
Evening ... email [5]Fiid or [6]David.

     [5] fiid A T fiid D O T net
     [6] extasia A T extasia D O T org

There  is  a  sig-beer-west  mailing list. To subscribe, send an email
with "subscribe" in the body to <sig-beer-west-request@fiid.net>.

sig-beer-west FAQ

1.   Q: Your announcement says "computer sysadmins and their
        friends".  How  do  I  know  if I'm a friend of a computer
        sysadmin? I don't even know what one is.

     A: You're  a  friend  of  a  computer sysadmin if you can find
        the sig-beer-west sign at this month's sig-beer-west event.

2.   Q: I'm  not  really  a  beer  person. In fact I'm interested in
        hanging out, but not in drinking. Would I be welcome?

     A: Absolutely! The point is to hang out with fun, interesting
        folks.  Please do join us.

3.   Q: Is parking difficult around the Toronado, like maybe I should
        factor this into my travel time?

     A: Yes.

sig-beer-west  was  started in February 2002 when a couple Washington,
D.C.  based  systems administrators who moved to the San Francisco Bay
area  wanted  to  continue  a [7]dc-sage tradition, sig-beer, which is
described in dc-sage web space as:

  SIG-beer, as in "Special Interest Group - Beer" ala ACM, or as in
  "send the BEER signal to that process".

  The original SIG-beer gathering takes place in Washington DC,
  usually on the first Saturday night of the month.

     [7] http://www.dc-sage.org/

- --
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.
                                 ***
Cave fruticem.             http://www.extasia.org/cave-fruticem/
Come to sig-beer-west!     http://www.extasia.org/sig-beer-west/
Unix sysadmin available:   http://www.extasia.org/resume/