2003 Jun 04 16:35

Re: [vox] [Fwd [Lawrence Lessig]] Reclaim the Public Domain

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 09:14:03AM -0700, John McDonnell wrote:
> On the 4th day of June, Micah J. Cowan said to me:
>
> > I am extremely skeptical about this guy being at Stanford Law.
>
> Well, how about his website then?
> http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/lessig/
>
> Looks like he's at Stanford to me. In fact, looks like he's a Professor of
> Law

(Yeah, the name /was/ familiar...)

Then, I'm a little skeptical as to whether he actually sent it. The
forwarded message doesn't include trace headers... 'course, even if he
did, it could be hard to verify, since it could have been any one on
their net.

Obviously, IANAL, but I'm pretty sure my statement re: the legal
status of electronic petitions is correct. I *know* it's not
acceptable to California State government: they only *just* allowed
you to even distribute downloadable, printable PDFs within the last
year. (I know this because I helped design the first site to take
advantage of this: DavisRecall.com).

-Micah