2003 May 30 16:16

Re: [vox] SCO suing IBM over their Linux activity

On Fri 30 May 03,  2:17 PM, zeruch@damagestudios.com <zeruch@damagestudios.com> said:
> On Fri, 30 May 2003, Richard Crawford wrote:
> >
> > Funny.  In the 90's, when everything everywhere was booming, the way to
> > make money was to innovate.
>
> No, if was to obfuscate via marketing, unless you consider Pets.com
> innovative.

sure, it absolutely could be.

putting up a commercial pet site right now wouldn't be innovative, but
the first few people to do it were certainly innovative.

   From WordNet (r) 1.7 [wn]:

   innovate
       v : bring something new to an environment.

> > Now, in the early 2000's, the way to make
> > money is to stifle innovation.  Damn shame.
>
> the US is a pretty damn litigious nation.  ANd when you are as desperate
> as SCO, you will reort to dumb things....although this stunt goes from
> dumb straight to fscktarded.

maybe, maybe not.

if IBM buys SCO out to "shut them up", the stockholders might be very
grateful...

pete