2003 May 26 21:25

Re: [vox] Let's talk UPS

i successfully used an APS unit (Back-UPS 400?) with their free software
'powerchute plus'

beware though, you need a special serial cable to connect it up to your
linux box.

i put this little page together after finding out (the hard way) that a
regular serial cable did not work.

http://fungus.ucdavis.edu/~dylan/doc/apc_cable.html

i have not tested the UNIX variant, but it should work.

good luck!

dylan

on 03.5.26 8:56 PM, Richard S. Crawford at rscrawford@mossroot.com was
reported to have writen:

--
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."