2003 May 26 16:32

Re: [vox] RFC: Autoconf/Automake tutorial for beginners

On 2003.05.26 13:59, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> Hello folks.  I wrote a Autoconf/Automake tutorial for beginners.
> Can
> you
> guys review and get back to me with corrections/suggestions?  Thanks!
>
>    http://www.cbreak.org/projects/autotools/

[bloom@kabloom ~/lab1]% autoscan --version
autoscan (GNU Autoconf) 2.57
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.
[bloom@kabloom ~/lab1]% automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.4-p6

On debian testing/unstable-mixed, to test out your chapter 2 I decided
to use a
single source-file ECS project written in C++. When I ran ./configure,
the
following occurred:
.
.
.
checking for stdbool.h that conforms to C99... yes
checking for _Bool... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for gettimeofday... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: error: cannot find input file: config.h.in

After resovling this by running autoheader, I ran it again and found out
that it
never created a Makefile for me, either when the .in file was named
makefile.in
or Makefile.in. (When removing everything in the diretory except for the
source
file, and starting over adding a makefile.in, this problem went away)

Thanks for doing this. I had been looking to learn autotools for a
while.
This is actually quite simpler than any other autotools tutorial I have
found before.

Fingerprint: D5E2 8839 6ED3 3305 805C  941F 9476 A9BD E2B2 CAD1
The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu