2003 May 22 11:34

[vox] Debian newbie question -- Thanks!

Thanks to Rusty, Rick, Pete, and others who responded to my request for
newbie guides to Debian.  At this point I've got XFree86 version 4.3
working on my system (though when I tried to upgrade GNOME from 1.4 to
2.2, it killed GNOME completely, so I'm left with IceWM for now).  I've
also got the network card working as well; I just needed to add a line
to the /etc/modules file.  OpenOffice dies with a cryptic error message
reading "X IO Error".

I love the apt-get feature.  I'm going to have a blast with that one.

Wireless isn't working quite yet, but I think that may be an
authentication problem.  As far as I can tell, the system sees the
wireless card, but I haven't figured out how to give it the passphrase
to see my network yet.

Again, thanks to everyone.

Richard

Slainte,