2003 May 16 23:56

[vox] Hello from GTC

Hello from the Gov. Tech. Conf. in Sacramento!

We've got a WLAN access point hooked up to LUGOD's demo machine and are
running a private network for our various laptops and Zauruses to connect to.

I actually got an incredible range, able to run VNC all the way from the
e-mail gardens (where I'm at now; sadly running WinXP, but thank goodness for
PuTTY!), which are about 5 aisles away.  Very cool!

Anyway, I'll eventually be posting photos from the event.
(And Whole Earth, and our last LUGOD meeting with the speaker from IBM :) )

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/