2003 May 28 14:58

[vox] WEF, Day 2 report!

Well, WEF was much busier today (since it's the weekend, I suppose).
We had a lot more people wander up, look kind of confused, and when we asked
them if they were interested in Linux, most say "actually... yes!" :^)

Along with the demo machine, we had a WindowsXP laptop which had been booted
into Knoppix.  I think that helped us in handing out out tons more Knoppix
discs.  (By the way, thanks again to everyone who's been burning stuff!
Keep it up!  We need lots more for GTC this week!)

We also handed out a lot more GNUWinII discs. (I think we've only got two left!)
People liked the idea of Mozilla and OpenOffice for Windows.  I also got lots
of kids hooked on Tux Paint, so we gave some GnuWin discs to them, too.

Ryan Castelluci donated a wireless access point to LUGOD.  (Thanks, Ryan!)
And he, Mike, and another fellow (sorry, I forget his name!) played around
with trying to find wireless access to use to get our systems online.

Two more things to wrap up this little report with.  First off, lots of people
we spoke to have actually heard of LUGOD, and been meaning to come.
(The Davis Enterprise seems to be the most oft-referred to place where they
saw us.)  And finally, as a group, we've received a lot of kudos.
People apparently like "what LUGOD does" ;^)

-bill!
tired, sniffily, red, and not looking forward to moving equipment around
again tomorrow ;^)