2003 May 09 09:25

Re: [vox] NT on the mainframe?

--On Friday, May 09, 2003 08:28:49 -0700 "Eric D. Pierce" <epierce@surewest.net> wrote:

If an IBM mainframe can run a Linux kernel that was written
for x86 in a virtual mainframe OS partition (or whatever
they call it), why couldn't it also run an NT kernel for
x86?
It's my understanding that the IBM linux environment isn't an x86 emulator. The instruction set and machine architecture used within the environment are the same as or close to the mainframe's actual architecture.

You'll recall he said you could run a single linux instance as the only OS on the host, for example.
--
Kenneth Herron Kherron@newsguy.com 916-366-7338