2003 May 08 16:38

Re: [vox] NT on the mainframe?

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 04:13:36PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i did a few minutes of googling, and here's a summary of what i found:
>
> however, it works so poorly, that microsoft is quietly dropping support

  I heard support for NT was dropped due to not enough demand... after
all even Redhat dropped support for the Alpha and Sparc ports.

  I agree that NT is a discontinued product, and MS is pushing people
onto other product names... but the point was can one run windows on
a mainframe.  The answer appears to be no.

> i believe a few of these articles should be on the "why not
> MS page" if bill is still updating that thing.

  Bill certainly updates the website... send him the more interesting
URLs.  He likes bringing these sorts of things up at the demos.