2003 May 08 12:35

Re: [vox] OS/2 and Linux, why has IBM changed?

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 10:31:16AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> they dropped the ball on viavoice, too.

I spoke with someone at the IBM booth at ESC late last month and he explained
there simply wasn't a market for it.  Everyone was overjoyed that they got
the product ported to Linux, but the actual _orders_ for the product was
underwhelming.

Apparently, at least in this one fellow's opinion, they were kind of miffed
that everyone wanted it, but noone wanted to pay the $30-40 bucks for the
thing.  Since noone was buying it, they just let the product die.