2003 May 09 09:32

Re: [vox] OS/2 and Linux, why has IBM changed?

Re: [vox] OS/2 and Linux, why has IBM changed?

I was a _BIG_ OS/2 fan before 4.0.  It was a nice tasking
O/S with virtual desktops and a GUI that was consistent
across the board. I think that I was using it roughly in
the 1994/95 range. Borland had some good development
tools for it and with the developers network I had access
to an SQL database.

I was developing a hack and slash BBS mud on it and
compared to its major competition (desqview), it was
light years ahead of the competition. I tried Minix,
but it was more a pain that it was worth.  I wish I
had known about Linux then, but I suspect the early
releases would have been as hard to deal with as
Minix :-).