2003 May 08 11:05

[vox] OS/2 and Linux, why has IBM changed?

[vox] OS/2 and Linux, why has IBM changed?

Per the presentation from IBM, does anyone have any
observations on why they are so enthusiastic about Linux,
but they never properly supported or marketed OS/2?

Conventional wisdom is that top management at IBM never
intended to let the OS/2 group really "bust loose", and
OS/2 was even specifically torpedoed by top IBM management
once its incredible potential became obvious.

I'm mainly interested in "business philosophy" or
sociological observations.

thanks,
ep