2003 May 08 09:16

Re: [vox] Regarding the Subjects & Message List

On 2003.05.07 14:29, Bill Kendrick wrote:
On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 02:15:01PM -0700, OH wrote:
> You linux folks are very saavy, and creative. Seems as though
> it would be possible to have a messageboard template, indented
> replies under the main post.

Sounds like you want some message threading done in the message
digest...?

Hrm.  Not having used the digest, I never thought much about it, but
it
sounds like a neat idea.

The problem I can forsee with this is that we send out digests in the middle of the thread, and we don't repeat older messages in the threads.

I used to use digest mode and didn't have a problem with it. Then I wanted SpamAssassin (a week before UCD installed it on their server) so I setup fetchmail, spamassassin, and procmail, and I resubscribed to vox* in blow-by-blow mode, because I could now filter vox* to its own folder. (And I get threading, and I don't get mangled quoted-printable messages anymore, and I don't have to pipe messages through my own custom vox script in order to reply anymore)

Fingerprint: D5E2 8839 6ED3 3305 805C 941F 9476 A9BD E2B2 CAD1
The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu